Hilarious video of my writing circle in Palestine

Enjoy 7-minutes of laughter, and please comment if you like this video as much as we do!

17 thoughts on “Hilarious video of my writing circle in Palestine

1. Syed (Bobby) Khan says:

Hi Nora,

It’s a wonderful clip. I just watched you on Cross Talk RT, and googled you to get to your blog. Great work.

This clip has given me a glimpse of a lighter side of life at Palestine. Hope peace comes to this region soon.

Regards,

Bobby

• Nora Lester Murad says:

Thanks for your support, Bobby. Please spread the word: Hope for peace isn’t enough. We need the people of the world to stand together and demand policy change.

2. Claire says:

Beautiful Nora! What struck me most was how all the writers’ eyes shined. So many ways to wear resilience :-)

• Nora Lester Murad says:

There was a lot of chemistry in that group. I miss them. Only two of us from that group are left in Palestine and now we have a new member. Each configuration has it’s own personality.

3. John Tate says:

Lived in your region for many years and began writing seriously while there. The most beautiful flowers bloom in the most G-d awful places. Hat-tip to all those that bring the beauty.

4. Iman Simon says:

Dear Nora,
    How lovely to ‘hear and see’ you here. I know we didn’t meet often, but just to tell you that every time I did see you, it always felt good to be in your company. You really have a wonderful warmth.
    I am thankful to Morgan for having introduced us. I really value your blog, I would say ‘enjoy’ but there are many things that remind me of sad and horrible things about Palestine so ‘enjoy’ would not be accurate for all your entries.
    Sunny greetings from Lisbon. xox

5. a guest says:

This comment has been removed. I found it racist and offensive. I very much want to engage diverse views, but they should be communicated with respect. -Nora

• Reader says:

I know many Palestinians who are peaceful and civilized. I wonder who was the last Palestinian that you personally interacted with as an equal human? I think anybody that finds comfort in dehumanizing others through generalizations about their nationality/ ethnicity/ religion are those with the least peace in their heart. We don’t have to look too far into history to see all the genocides that have begun with efforts to first dehumanize a population.

6. David Brand says:

This was cute. However, since I have no experience with your writer’s group, I have no idea what’s a spoof of it. I think it’s amusing. Question. What was so funny about the line, “What if a tear falls into her beer?” It’s a rhyme of course, but I missed the context.

• Nora Lester Murad says:

Yea, well, we were trying to NOT be cliche, and then Allen said tear in her beer, which, I mean, you can’t really get more cliche than that. It was just so stupid (he knows I love him) and what I found hilarious was my reaction, like I didn’t know if I should take him seriously or not.

7. Claudia Hickl says:

Dear Nora,
    what a wonderful insight in a part of your life. You all have a lot of humor, but it’s not really funny, it’s joyful. Maybe one has to know you all to recognize the spoof. Love and Thank you for sharing.

• Nora Lester Murad says:

We thought everyone would find us as hysterical as we find ourselves, but if it was at least interesting and joyful, that’s worthwhile.

8. Mahmoud says:

This video is soooo lovely and you guys really doing a great nice work, full of joy.